How to remove permanent marker from wall | 7 easy tips to remove stains
The wall is the face of the house, if the wall has many stains, it will affect the beauty of the house. When there are children at home, most of the stains on the white wall are children's masterpieces, such as crayon marks, ink stains, double-sided tape, etc. And other problems like moldy walls, yellowing, water stains, how to remove permanent marker from wall? Do not worry! This article will share 7 easy tips to remove stains from walls.
Dust and fingerprints, footprints
In general, the dust on the wall can be wiped off with a clean cloth, if there are fingerprints or footprints, you can gently wipe it with a rubber wipe.
- Use dishwashing liquid, hand sanitizer
You need to prepare a vacuum cleaner / soft bristle brush to briefly sweep the dirt and dust on the wall, so gently sweep it, to avoid peeling the paint. Next, you put 2/3 warm water into the bucket, then add a little dishwashing liquid/hand sanitizer into the bucket, dissolve and create foam. Note: Do not mix too much detergent because wiping will make the wall sticky, moist and easier to get dirty. You use a sponge / soft rag dipped in the detergent mixture, wipe the wall from top to bottom. Wipe the wall again with clean water and finally with a dry towel.
How to get grease off walls
If you accidentally get grease on the wall, you can try it with 1% hydrogen peroxide, if there is no problem, you can use it on a large scale. If the wall is waterproof, you can wash it directly with water, after washing, use a dry towel to absorb water to prevent moisture.
- Use Baking Soda
How to remove permanent marker from wall with baking soda? First, you use a soft cloth to wrap around the brush to remove dust and mud from the wall surface. Then, you mix warm water into the bucket and then add baking soda to create a cleaning solution. Next, you dip a soft rag to wipe the stubborn mud or dirt stains on the wall for a long time. Finally just wipe the wall again with a dry rag.
Mold spots on wall
If the wall is moldy but not too serious, you can try wiping it again with a dry cloth to remove the mold on the surface, if not, you can add alcohol to wipe it. Do not use clean water to clean, because mold prefers humid environments, increasing the humidity of the wall will only increase mold growth. For mold that is deeply embedded in the wall, you can try sandpaper to slowly remove the mold.
If the wall is severely moldy, to completely eliminate mold, it is necessary to remove the mold roots that conventional cleaning agents cannot remove. Professional mold removal products, such as Polycell anti-mold water, should be used. After removing surface mold using the above method, spray the product and wipe it with a dry cloth to remove it completely.
How to get pen marks off the wall
For graffiti left on the wall by children, you can use a clean rag to soak face cream and gently wipe it. Because the cream contains emulsifiers, it has a pretty good hair removal effect.
How to remove cello tape stain from wall
If double-sided tape is stuck, try wiping it off with nail polish first, as the polish may discolor the original wall. This method is recommended to be used in an inconspicuous place, if the area is large conspicuous areas, Not recommended for use. How to remove permanent marker from wall? Or twist a dry rag soaked in vinegar to cover the entire area of the double-sided tape, when the double-sided tape is completely wet, it can be easily removed.
If there are stickers left on the wall that cannot be removed, it is best to use a hair dryer to heat it, and then gently pull it off after the tape softens.
How to remove stains from walls
● If the wall is waterproof, you can wash it directly with water, after washing, use a dry towel to absorb water to prevent moisture.
● If the stain is serious on the wall, you can use putty on a cloth to rub it, or use a small sandpaper to gently wipe it, or squeeze the toothpaste on a damp cloth, you can clean the pencil or pen stain color on the wall.
● If the wallpaper turns yellow, you can wipe it with bleach on the cloth, it is best to wipe the corners first, then continue to use if there is no problem.
Brown stains on wallpaper
● Stained cloth paper or wallpaper cannot be wiped with water or damp cloth, it is best to clean it with a glue wipe.
● If the colored wallpaper is stained with oil, you can use an absorbent paper on the talcum powder pad, then use an iron, for plastic wallpaper, spray cleaner and wipe it off with a rag.
● If the wallpaper is moldy, wipe the wall with a dry cloth, then use the diluted wallpaper cleaning solution to wipe the mold on the wall.