6 steps to clean the air conditioner to save more electricity!
When the weather gradually warms up, and starts to swelter, you turn on the air conditioner that has been "full of dust" for a long time! Air conditioners that have not been used for nearly a year not only accumulate dust, but also have a musty smell, dirt will interfere with the cooling, making the air conditioner not cool.
This article will provide you with the benefits of air conditioning cleaning and daily maintenance methods. Thanks to that, you will enjoy a cool and comfortable space in the summer without spending a lot of money.
Why do air conditioners need cleaning and maintenance!?
Air conditioners are like other items in the house, if not used for a long time, they will accumulate a lot of dirt, after a while, the inside of the air conditioner will be covered by dirt, hindering the air conditioner will not be cold. Dirt also makes it difficult for the heat dissipation of the hot unit
The following are common problems with air conditioners:
- The air conditioner filter is dirty. If a lot of dirt accumulates in the filter, which can cause the air conditioner to not cool, you can use a vacuum cleaner to vacuum the dust first and then flush with clean water. Be careful not to let water splash into the electrical circuit.
- The air conditioner has a musty or peculiar smell. When the air conditioner is turned on, there will be steam inside that creates mold, just cleaning the filter cannot remove mold and dirt in the body, which will affect the indoor air quality.
- The air conditioner is working fine but the air conditioner is not cold. It is possible that the dirt inside makes the heat dissipation poor, so the cold air cannot be blown out.
5 benefits of air conditioning cleaning!!
Although the air conditioner is only frequently used in the summer, regular cleaning of the air conditioner not only prolongs its life, but also improves the quality of use. Here are the 5 main benefits of air conditioning cleaning:
01. Make sure the air conditioner gives off cold air with the least power consumption
02. Reduce noise caused by improper maintenance of the air compressor.
03. Extend the life of the air conditioner.
04. Avoid breathing dust and allergens caused by cold air blowing through the air ducts.
05. Maintain the normal operation of the air conditioner, which can save electricity more effectively.
Area in need of air conditioning cleaning
In general, we only clean the air conditioner filter, there is no way to clean the inside of the unit body properly, nowadays many professional manufacturers will provide on-site cleaning service for disassembly, cleaning. , disinfect, even protect the air conditioner. Or at least once a year before summer to keep the air conditioner working at its best.
Process of cleaning air conditioners at home
- Check the air conditioner function: Check if the basic functions and operation of the air conditioner are normal.
- Environmental protection of furniture and surrounding areas: remove furniture or cover with cloth to avoid pollution.
- Turn off the power of the air conditioner: unplug or turn off the main power to prevent leakage during cleaning.
- Wastewater collection device: prepare a wastewater collection device to avoid leakage of wastewater during cleaning.
- Body circuit protection: After disassembling the body cover, cover the circuit board with a plastic cloth to avoid contact with water during cleaning.
- Clean the parts of the air conditioner: clean the fan / clean the aluminum fins / clean the blower / clean the filter.
Daily maintenance of air conditioner
In addition to regular cleaning of the air conditioner at home, you should also maintain the air conditioner daily to reduce the possibility of damage and prolong its life, without having to spend extra money on repairing or replacing the air conditioner.
01. Turning off the air conditioner without turning on the switch, restarting the compressor consumes more power.
02. The filter is cleaned every two weeks and dust-prone areas can be cleaned weekly.
03. Do not pile up dirt next to the outdoor unit to avoid poor heat dissipation and damage to the compressor.
04. It is recommended to set the temperature from 26-28 degrees Celsius, use an electric fan to enhance circulation efficiency, not only to help you enjoy cool air, but also to be environmentally friendly and save electricity.