6 ways to clean and maintain the lights to keep the house bright
Lamp is an indispensable device in the family, but people often forget to clean it, leading to unstable light source, affecting everyone's health. There are many types of lamps and each type has different points in how to clean them. This article 6 ways to clean and maintain the light will "instructions on proper lamp maintenance".
Consequences of not maintaining lights
The lamp after a period of use will decrease in brightness if it is not cleaned and maintained. When the lampshade is dirty for a long time, the brightness will decrease by 20% in a year, in places with a lot of dust and dirt such as the kitchen, the brightness will decrease by 40%. Therefore, you need to clean it at least once a year.
Glass lamps are common lamps, their transparency will enhance the beauty of the house, but it is easy to reveal dirt. Glass lamps can be cleaned in the following ways:
● First, check if the lampshade is removable.
● Removable type: just wash with water and dry.
● Non-removable type: specialized cleaning cloth for glasses, or glass cleaner for cleaning.
Nowadays, industrial and Nordic interior design styles are popular. These designer lamps are mostly made of metal, highlighting the neat, sophisticated feel. The cleaning method of the metal lamp is as follows:
● Regularly clean dust with dust filter
● If there are smudges or dirt: wipe with a slightly damp cloth in the same direction, then gently wipe with a dry cloth to avoid moisture, rust or paint peeling off the lamp.
Note: Avoid using a strong rag directly on metal surfaces, because dust particles can scratch the metal surface, and over time, the reflectivity of the lamp will be reduced. In addition, if it is blurred, you can use furniture wax to wipe the metal surface in a circular motion to improve the shine of the lamp.
Fabric lanterns are often used in bedrooms, giving a soft and cozy feeling, but the fabric surface is prone to dust, everyone knows that cleaning requires diligence. Most fabric lampshades can be removed and washed. The following is the cleaning method for the cloth lamp:
● Use a vacuum cleaner to remove dust from the surface
● Wipe with a dry cloth moistened with furniture cleaner
Note: It is necessary to check the material of the lamp with a cloth surface first, some lamps with a cloth surface are made of paper inside, so they are not suitable for cleaning with furniture cleaners.
LEDs are energy efficient and last longer than compacts, and are also suitable for different interior design styles. They are now widely used everywhere. However, LED lights should not be immersed in water, usually installed in dry places such as living rooms, bedrooms, you can use the following methods to clean:
● Wipe clean with dry cloth and dust
●Stubborn stains can be wiped with a dry cloth moistened with a little water and dried immediately
Crystal lamps are expensive, and to maintain their beauty, they must be cleaned more carefully. To enhance the beauty of crystal lamps, most of them have a complicated structure, so if you need to clean it yourself, you need to pay attention:
● Spray a special cleaner for crystals so that the dust on the lamp surface is removed by evaporation of the liquid
● Or wipe with a damp cloth dipped in special detergent
● If the lamp is contaminated with stubborn dirt such as grease, you should find someone to handle it directly.
Tips for using lights
1. Don't switch lights often
At the time of starting the bulb, the current passing through the filament will be greater than the current under normal operating conditions, which will cause the temperature of the filament to rise sharply. Therefore, constantly turning the light on and off will reduce the life of the bulb.
2. Protect the lamp from moisture
In wet and dirty places, the lamp will easily rust and reduce the life of the lamp. Therefore, it is necessary to install moisture-proof lampshades in the lights in the toilet, bathroom and in front of the gas stove in the kitchen so that the lamp does not get wet, to prevent rust damage or short circuit leakage.
The 6 ways to clean and maintain the lights above will bring bright light to your home. The children will not have eye diseases. Great!!